What to Buy?

Which is the exact reason path for Lucid is a bit tougher in the initial stages. It took Tesla many years to iron it out. But then Lucid will be able to control User experience much better for its needs as they move forward.
Bingo. More pain up front. More control in the future.

Lucid’s design team was never going to stick a stock UI on top of their beautiful industrial design. Unfortunately, the software team hasn’t quite delivered on the promise yet. But they will get there. And be better off in the long run.

Cars these days are to some extent computers on wheels. To not differentiate yourself on the software side would be a long-term error. There’s a lot of value in proprietary software experiences.

The only wish was to have Google Maps embedded, but perhaps at the time it could not yet integrate into EV architecture and do on the fly route planning using battery SOC. Who knows!
Tesla’s mapping is quite good. I have no idea what Lucid is using, but it doesn’t seem great, from what folks are saying. Here’s an example where they maybe could have shipped the stock Android implementation until they nailed their own.

I will likely use CarPlay 90% of the time, anyway, as I actually like Apple’s newest maps implementation. If you haven’t tried it in cities like New York or SF, where they’ve done their updated 3D visuals and driving directions, it’s quite a step up from their early years.

Now, if Apple would integrate charging networks and let you filter out stations that aren’t EA, Tesla, etc, I wouldn’t need any car to have its own nav system.

Lucid uses HERE, and it's possible, they didn't integrate Google maps because it doesn't factor in your SOC. I also just checked this morning and Google Maps won't give you the status of charging stations either. At least the Lucid map can do it, though the app is still better.

Tesla’s mapping is quite good. I have no idea what Lucid is using, but it doesn’t seem great, from what folks are saying. Here’s an example where they maybe could have shipped the stock Android implementation until they nailed their own.

I will likely use CarPlay 90% of the time, anyway, as I actually like Apple’s newest maps implementation. If you haven’t tried it in cities like New York or SF, where they’ve done their updated 3D visuals and driving directions, it’s quite a step up from their early years.

Now, if Apple would integrate charging networks and let you filter out stations that aren’t EA, Tesla, etc, I wouldn’t need any car to have its own nav system.
One of the main reasons I like Apple
Maps Is it’s integration with Apple Watch. That tap On the wrist is so beneficial when you are in a new area. I wish that integration existed with Google maps also.

To be honest. I just use the EA app to find a station and get directions sent directly to Apple Maps. Now we just need CarPlay.

Back