AT | Q5 | MDX | MURANO
Referral Code
X1VWPQ1V
Got this email today

547C19C6-1533-4E3B-8FA9-BFC4A2FC0A5C.png
F060A35C-7085-49CF-A14F-11C388F9C417.png
00A4BD8E-7F4C-42F4-84E1-DCD49CA30E38.png
1B0DC197-A1F8-4B62-A5EC-AC8671522AAA.png

All this waiting and now they require Dream Drive Pro out of the blue!

Yep. Just got the same email.

I wouldn't say "out of the blue." Dream Drive was once listed on the configurator as "coming later" just like the metal roof. Then they changed that sometime over the summer.

You're really surprised they're prioritizing the highest specc'ed Tourings? It's long been known/assumed this would be the case due to not having to retool the assembly line...

It also seems that they are prioritizing selections that give them the best chance to ship as many vehicles as quickly as possible. What stood out to me was the interior choices. If you look closely Tahoe and Santa Cruz are very similar across most of the interior elements, but particularly focusing on things like the stitching in the seats being the same vs Mojave.

I am still holding out hope that they may try and deliver some Touring before year end, and this homogenization of the production gives them the best shot to deliver more units and hit or beat their Q4 production targets.

Maybe they even have inventory of pre-assembled modules that fit these specific options, making it much easier to produce Touring's on the GT line. If they accidentally drop some massaging seat in my Touring I certainly won't be complaining. ;)

It also seems that they are prioritizing selections that give them the best chance to ship as many vehicles as quickly as possible. What stood out to me was the interior choices. If you look closely Tahoe and Santa Cruz are very similar across most of the interior elements, but particularly focusing on things like the stitching in the seats being the same vs Mojave.

I am still holding out hope that they may try and deliver some Touring before year end, and this homogenization of the production gives them the best shot to deliver more units and hit or beat their Q4 production targets.

Maybe they even have inventory of pre-assembled modules that fit these specific options, making it much easier to produce Touring's on the GT line. If they accidentally drop some massaging seat in my Touring I certainly won't be complaining. ;)
Ha. If anyone at Lucid is listening, I would be happy to "accidentally" get massage seats, too.

I'm choosing to take them at their word. That Tahoe and Santa Cruz are indeed the "most popular" selections. Probably easiest to plow through as many of the same config as possible at a time. But who knows? Maybe there's a shortage on the wood or carpet they use for Mojave?

Including Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro sure does make it easier to train and transition from GT. No doubt. Just take a GT, pop in a different battery pack, the different interior bits, seats, dash and door trim materials, and you basically get a Touring.

Like the poor Silver GT reservation holders, those who pick the less popular options will likely be waiting the longest.

heh- I am one of the 'poor silver GT reservation holders. Just picked it up last weekend, and have to say- it was worth the wait. Best color, in my not-so-humble-opinion. Plus, (except for 2.0), I think they managed to work out most of the production kinks.

I'm bummed about the lack of Mojave which is what I have on order. I wasn't expecting that in the first wave. However, I'm not in a hurry to lock in since I haven't sat in a Lucid Air or driven one yet. Hoping Plano opens soon so I can see one!

The transition will be interesting. They mentioned soon. Will all the GT orders be fulfilled before they start, or will they start doing things in batches to meet timeline expectations? I am a pre-price hike order. No rush on my end though since I prefer more time to pass until mine is delivered.

I guess this settles the question about whether DreamDrive Pro is just an OTA and all models are equipped with the hardware?

I guess this settles the question about whether DreamDrive Pro is just an OTA and all models are equipped with the hardware?
Yes. From what I've been told, the DreamDrive Pro modules are equipped during production.

Yes. From what I've been told, the DreamDrive Pro modules are equipped during production.
They have to be. The entire front bumper assembly is different for Dream Drive Pro, because it includes the LiDAR array. And then there are different / more cameras involved, too. It's not merely software, as with Tesla.

Does that mean not all trims get the modules? In other words, when you order DD Pro, hardware is installed in your Lucid?
Yes. See above.

Does that mean not all trims get the modules? In other words, when you order DD Pro, hardware is installed in your Lucid?
From Volund's post yesterday -
-He also told me that after purchasing the vehicle, if you want dreamdrive pro, you can't take the car back in for the upgrade, but there's an in-between upgrade which is the 'upgraded camera kit' (No price on it yet, TBA) that will allow things like the blindspot cameras and other things if you want it in the future.

Very smart of Lucid to take a page out of Rivian’s playbook to provide faster delivery for those with flexibility on options.

I didn't get the email. Any other Touring reservation holders not get it? Wondering what happened

I want the mojave interior... sounds like I will have to keep waiting... 🙁

Back