Out of Spec - Test Drive Review

I think with YouTube you have to take the term “review” with a huge grain of salt. This was more like a reaction to a test drive. And that’s okay, once you let go of what you usually expect from the term “review.”

My usual rule of thumb is to ignore the thumbnail. Ignore the click bait title. Watch the first 30 seconds. If I can tell it’s not for me, I move on.

These are not trained journalists, for the most part. They are people who have figured out how to be entertaining on the world’s largest video distribution platform. And what defines “entertainment” these days is definitely not how I would define it most of the time. But this is not a medium for my generation, so the algorithm doesn’t optimize for me, of course.

Many of them make a lot more money with their videos than I ever will writing software. So my hat is off to them.

Yeah I remember Thomas from Autogefuhel’s first review of the Taycan and he lost his mind over the car, it was fun to watch a normally reserved German blasting through corners and giggling like a kid. The Taycan is great, probably the 2nd best performance sedan EV on the market behind the Lucid, but I needed more range and space, so the Lucid was my choice and as an added bonus it’s faster anyway.
I love reviews by Thomas.

Back