Average mi/kwh

For anyone charging at home, have you figured out the Cost? Is my math correct at 80% charging 112*.8=89.6 * 8.5C per K/Wh rate = $7.17

Wont be worth my while in this case to drive 45 minutes each way to my nearest EA Station for Charging. Need to find out what theTesla or other charging stations charge incase of an emergency.

Fortunately my closest EA station is 1 mile away, so it definitely is worth the trip for me.

I think Lucid did some financial analysis and realized it’s much more expensive to take your car for a week after delivery to figure out/fix issues that should be solved in PDI, than to just take extra time to solve the issues in PDI. My two service visits cost Lucid probably $2,000 each or more. The rental car alone was $1,000, plus factor in the cost of the tow to and from my house, and labor for several days worth of trouble shooting. I’d rather Lucid save the $ and be slower on the delivery end because what’s gonna solidify their reputation in a good way is delivering a quality product slower more than delivering a problematic product faster. I know shareholders want the delivery numbers for quarterly reports, but smart shareholders should want a company with more robust quality control and better fundamentals than Tesla’s “oh here’s a car with no USB ports or mismatched tires and we’ll deny anything is wrong if you dare complain”.
I sure hope that is what their thought process is and they will deliver a solid product that is why I told the Advisor I am OK taking delivery on 6/7 instead of 5/27. He said he came out of the meeting they were having to inform me of this change because yesterday he told me the car was ready after a second inspection.

I as a stockholder do want long term success vs them developing a bad reputation but listening to all the Tesla stories that would be hard to do, lol.

I will be sure to ask my advisor. Thank you for,that. I am a man but still dont want anyone unlocking the car with me in it.
This is a Tesla issue, not a Lucid one. The Lucid remains locked.

For anyone charging at home, have you figured out the Cost? Is my math correct at 80% charging 112*.8=89.6 * 8.5C per K/Wh rate = $7.17

Wont be worth my while in this case to drive 45 minutes each way to my nearest EA Station for Charging. Need to find out what theTesla or other charging stations charge incase of an emergency.
Yeah, that wouldn't be worth it, unless it is a fun drive (you may find yourself wanting to drive more, the car is so fun). I have EA chargers 2 miles from my house.

I think Lucid did some financial analysis and realized it’s much more expensive to take your car for a week after delivery to figure out/fix issues that should be solved in PDI, than to just take extra time to solve the issues in PDI. My two service visits cost Lucid probably $2,000 each or more. The rental car alone was $1,000, plus factor in the cost of the tow to and from my house, and labor for several days worth of trouble shooting. I’d rather Lucid save the $ and be slower on the delivery end because what’s gonna solidify their reputation in a good way is delivering a quality product slower more than delivering a problematic product faster. I know shareholders want the delivery numbers for quarterly reports, but smart shareholders should want a company with more robust quality control and better fundamentals than Tesla’s “oh here’s a car with no USB ports or mismatched tires and we’ll deny anything is wrong if you dare complain”.
We have repeatedly (in writing and voice) told our DA that we want it right, not fast...

Apple Car Play IS the real need here. Them doing the easy Android route was probably not the best strategy but looks like no one wants to pay the Apple Premium and I understand that. I have never been an XM Radio Fan. People mostly do Apple/Spotify/Tidal Music. I am not that educated on XM but my Suburbans gave 3 months free and I almost never used it. Maybe its a thing for those who drive long distances a lot. I have foregone that for personal reasons.
I could personally care less if Apple Car Play is ever delivered... all of our phones are Android... so ACP is only "the real need" for a subset of customers, for others Android is more important... my own intention is to play music from the over 300 albums that I regularly carry on my phone (and listen to while on walks, as well as while driving). I'm not sure where nav will be driven from (in the current car it is from a stand alone Garmin, not sure if the Lucid one will be good enough, or if an Android solution will be preferred... or even a combo of both, one for the driver and one for the Naviguessor.

I could personally care less if Apple Car Play is ever delivered... all of our phones are Android... so ACP is only "the real need" for a subset of customers, for others Android is more important... my own intention is to play music from the over 300 albums that I regularly carry on my phone (and listen to while on walks, as well as while driving). I'm not sure where nav will be driven from (in the current car it is from a stand alone Garmin, not sure if the Lucid one will be good enough, or if an Android solution will be preferred... or even a combo of both, one for the driver and one for the Naviguessor.
Everything we own is Apple hence Apple Car Play. I would never ever recommend anyone use Android anything due to their lack of security. Anyone who fancies themselves as a security guy can hack them. Would be scary if your car and it’s safety depend on anything Android. It should all be Linux but then no Phones I know of use Linux so it’s either Android or Apple.

That is one reason IF Apple EVER Comes out with a Car it will sell very well.

Everything we own is Apple hence Apple Car Play. I would never ever recommend anyone use Android anything due to their lack of security. Anyone who fancies themselves as a security guy can hack them. Would be scary if your car and it’s safety depend on anything Android. It should all be Linux but then no Phones I know of use Linux so it’s either Android or Apple.

I mean, you do know that Lucid OS is based of Android Automotive OS right? So....

I mean, you do know that Lucid OS is based of Android Automotive OS right? So....
Yes Sir I had an idea that it is… I personally have no love lost for Android anything. So nothing most like.y all of,them are because Google literally gives it away. that is a huge reason mosr Car systems are buggy and slow and have no chance of being cutting edge until they cut their cord from ANDROID.

Yes Sir I had an idea that it is… I personally have no love lost for Android anything. So nothing most like.y all of,them are because Google literally gives it away. that is a huge reason mosr Car systems are buggy and slow and have no chance of being cutting edge until they cut their cord from ANDROID.
Our Volvo XC40 EV runs AAOS, and it's been great. Such a pleasure to have seamless integration between phone and car - completely familiar, same maps, navigation and history, same streaming apps, podcast apps, etc. No need for Android Auto or CarPlay. No one has hacked us yet ;).

I guess we are your flip side. I do not allow any Apple products into the house.

As I understand it, Android is a linux variation... and my point is not everyone is Apple... nor should they be (a monoculture would be even worse for security than a mix).

As I understand it, Android is a linux variation... and my point is not everyone is Apple... nor should they be (a monoculture would be even worse for security than a mix).

Android shares the kernel and is still based on Java and that is why it’s poor. Good to know your AAOS works better. However you have it backwards because there are more Android based systems out there than Apple and no offense but Android is pure crap( my opinion).
I believe BlackBerry who used to be the epitome of Mobile Security is developing something that some auto manufacturers should look at as well.

Free is just that, Free and nothing else.

Good Discussion. Always good to hear both sides.

At a minimum Lucid is doing whatever the others are therefore in time we should see improvements.

my journey today ... just for annecdotal evidence

Los Altos to SF (yes, I braved parking in SF)
43.6miles / 11kwh used / 4.0 average

driving style. good mix. 37 ish miles on 280 ( 80 mph - but v consistent - little acceleration / braking - but ups n downs)
4 miles down hill (always a great place to start)
3+ miles dowtown SF - average speed 20 mph stop go standard shitty traffic

I am v pleased with this... in fact it is way better than I expected.
I will reset the trip for the return trip - which has the 4miles UP HILL at the end

View attachment 2243
so the return journey was interesting... basically same driving style. still 80 on the freeway. still shitty SF traffic. and still a giant hill.

43.1 miles (hmmm guess I this is bobbing around trying to find a parking slot / didn't reset immediately exiting the car park)
17kWh used
2.6 miles/kWh average

that hill at the end is a killer. Change in elevation matters (always used to see this in the ICE)

Total - 87.1 miles / 26 kWh / 3.3 miles/kWh average.
I am again PLEASED with this.
it suggests a theoretical max range of 375miles. (80% of theoretical EPA - 112kWh battery / 469mile EPA range) for a rather hilly route.
and as I have said before ... even doing this 2-3 times a week I am still only charging once per week (no overnight charging). my ICE used to average 325miles on a tank and cost getting on $75 (two years ago - hate to think what it would be now)

but that hill ... guess I need to talk to the wife about moving.

for completeness, the picture in reverse
1653053369059.png

The major reasons I am interested in trading our 2021 Model S Long range for the Air are range, efficiency and charging speed. We do a lot of driving (25K/year) and drive back and forth between Vermont for the summer and Southern Utah for Winter. It is good to see people can drive to get good efficiency/range or drive to maximize fun. I am interested in people’s experience with real world efficiency and charging speed (miles/20 minutes for example) so I can see if moving to the air will be a good step forward for us.

We do the Boston to Stowe and back trip pretty regularly and just did it this past weekend in the Lucid. There are plenty of EA stations in NH to make the trip easier, and we didn't need to spend more than 20 min at a charger to get the range we needed to continue onward. I think we were getting around 7 mi/min or thereabouts but charging from around 60% to 80%. With the range of the Lucid, there wasn't much of a reason to charge along the way, except to check out all the action in Walmart parking lots at night.

Here are some statistics for a round trip drive from Phoenix to Payson/Strawberry AZ.

GT 21" wheels
Temperature from 70 to 90
Swift mode - not crazy but definitely on the spirited side
Highway speed between 75 and 80.
Total drive was 201.5 miles
64 kWhr used (SOC from 94% to 34% does not add up to 64 kWhr). Maybe more self calibration is needed.
4459 feet of elevation gain from start to Strawberry
101 miles and 41 kWhr getting to Strawberry - 2.46 mi/kWhr
101 miles and 23 kWhr return - 4.39 mi/kWhr
Average for the round trip 3.14 mi/kWhr

Here are some statistics for a round trip drive from Phoenix to Payson/Strawberry AZ.

GT 21" wheels
64 kWhr used (SOC from 94% to 34% does not add up to 64 kWhr). Maybe more self calibration is needed.
Those are great numbers. I am amazed that you did so well on the outward leg.

Merci beaucoup.

GT 21" wheels
94% to 34% would be 67.2kwh. If the trip meter is saying 64kwh, it seems like the trip meter is using only energy supplied to the motors....

Those are great numbers. I am amazed that you did so well on the outward leg.

Merci beaucoup.
I agree, better than expected. I really did not need to charge to 94%. It is great to be able to take an AZ day trip and not worry about charging or driving economically.

Back