Air Pure reservations

No mention of price in the email, but the "reserve" link simply put me at the current reservation page.

I'll keep driving my '01 Avalon, or my '09 Tacoma, both with ~110K miles, and both could drive cross country tomorrow without any concern.

Same here.

What is the top speed in the Lucid Pure dual motor? Is it really only 124mph? I hope is the same as the LR Model S. Will the Pure version have a track mode?

Same here.

What is the top speed in the Lucid Pure dual motor? Is it really only 124mph? I hope is the same as the LR Model S. Will the Pure version have a track mode?
Sadly there aren’t many clear technical details concerning the Pure dual motor. I suspect we will get more details closer to the beginning of production.

Same here.

You can't really compare the $87,400 / 480hp Air Pure with the $104,990 / 670hp Model S Long Range. A more appropriate comparison would be the $107,400 / 620hp Air Touring. I'd be very surprised if the Pure has a "track mode".

I got the same upgrade email, but I'll stick with the MSLR until the Pure is ready.

Reactions: DBV
You can't really compare the $87,400 / 480hp Air Pure with the $104,990 / 670hp Model S Long Range. A more appropriate comparison would be the $107,400 / 620hp Air Touring. I'd be very surprised if the Pure has a "track mode".

I got the same upgrade email, but I'll stick with the MSLR until the Pure is ready.

Wow you are right. I thought the AWD pure was supposed to be 620hp. So going AWD gets you nothing?

Last edited:
Today I received an email from Lucid, offering that I could get my vehicle earlier IF I upgraded to a Touring or Gran Touring AT THE CURRENT PRICING. Uh, thanks, but no thanks. I ordered a Pure in May of this year before the $10K price increase. I don't NEED the car ASAP, and frankly, I was only ever interested in the Pure. I don't need 1111 HP, and because there will be a lower amperage draw, I believe that the Pure will have better battery life (if not range) than the other models.
Not Touring. It’s GT or GTP

While we don't know the final numbers, the Pure AWD has to have more HP than 480hp. Neither the Lucid or Model S has or likely will have track mode, only the Model 3 presently has that software feature. I am likely the oddball here that will either purchase a Pure (for the luxury aspect) next year or will upgrade my Model 3 to a newer performance model. They're not comparable, but I'm not interesting in spending $100k plus on a Model S.

While we don't know the final numbers, the Pure AWD has to have more HP than 480hp. Neither the Lucid or Model S has or likely will have track mode, only the Model 3 presently has that software feature. I am likely the oddball here that will either purchase a Pure (for the luxury aspect) next year or will upgrade my Model 3 to a newer performance model. They're not comparable, but I'm not interesting in spending $100k plus on a Model S.
The Lucid will have a track mode, at least based on previous videos of it. They haven’t released it, but some of the previous marketing videos have had screens of it.

But who knows.

Hi all. New to the forum. I am based in Miami and reserved my Air Pure in December 2021. I received a call yesterday from my sales contact offering a test drive of the GT. I know it's not the same trim I ordered but I'm looking forward to experiencing the general driving experience, feel, fit and finish.

Hi all. New to the forum. I am based in Miami and reserved my Air Pure in December 2021. I received a call yesterday from my sales contact offering a test drive of the GT. I know it's not the same trim I ordered but I'm looking forward to experiencing the general driving experience, feel, fit and finish.

Hammer down! What center are you visiting? How long do you get?

Interesting! I reserved a Pure in West Palm Beach in June 2021 and haven't heard anything.

Hammer down! What center are you visiting? How long do you get?
Interesting! I reserved a Pure in West Palm Beach in June 2021 and haven't heard anything.

I reserved in-person through the Brickell City Centre location. The sales guy told me to plan for at least an hour because of the test drive route they use (if you are familiar, they leave Brickell and go over to Key Biscayne and back, which is an amazing drive an any vehicle/light of traffic so I'm looking forward to it!).

I have also reserved a Pure. My Lucid rep at my test drive had me drive in smooth because that is approximately the HP of the Pure (but, he also noted that the Pure would be about 400 pound slighter).

I have also reserved a Pure. My Lucid rep at my test drive had me drive in smooth because that is approximately the HP of the Pure (but, he also noted that the Pure would be about 400 pound slighter).
Nice. Yes I saw your post in another thread. I'm going today and will definitely test in smooth (and maybe a bit of the others near the end). :)

Nice. Yes I saw your post in another thread. I'm going today and will definitely test in smooth (and maybe a bit of the others near the end). :)
Even Smooth mode is very powerful. Lucid Air is just a beast!

So is this Smooth considered Smooth in Pure or Sprint in Pure? 😂

Probably a mashup. He said the HP of the test car would be the same as the Pure if we drove in smooth. But he also pointed out that the test car was 400 pounds heavier than the Pure (less batteries, half the motors). So my best guess is that the test car is a bit slower than the real Pure when driving in smooth mode.

I really don’t think pure will have Sprint mode. It’s just ridiculous thrust.

Back