Is sims 3 compatible with Intel (R) UHD graphics?

by Chloe20039

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is sims 3 compatible with Intel (R) UHD graphics?

★★ Novice

I’m thinking about getting sims 3, but obviously want to make sure that it will actually work if I do get it. Does anyone know if it’ll run using Intel (R) UHD graphics? Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (1,847 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is sims 3 compatible with Intel (R) UHD graphics?

@Chloe20039  To be honest, I wouldn't run more than the base game and maybe a couple of expansion packs on this processor and graphics chip, although user experience can differ a bit.  In your position, I'd be comfortable buying the Starter Pack, and if that ran well, adding World Adventures or Ambitions.  If it was still okay, I'd add the other one, but I wouldn't try any more expansions except possibly Generations.  Stuff packs are fine.

You may need to apply a workaround to get the game started at all: Sims 3 doesn't load correctly on certain processors unless it's limited to using one CPU core.  One way to accomplish this is with Lazy Duchess's patch:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

Another way is to use Process Lasso or a PowerShell script (see post 42 for details) to impose the limit.  The above thread mostly talks about Intel Core processors, but I've seen a few different Pentium and Celeron processors affected as well.  I don't have a comprehensive list though, hence my saying you might need this, not that you do.

The other thing to remember is that if you can't get the game running, you can request a refund from EA.  The rule is that if you never launch the game, it's eligible for a refund within 14 days of purchase, and if you do play it, you also have to request the refund within 24 hours of the first launch (also within 14 days of purchase).  So if you're really worried, buy the game on a day when you know you'll have a few hours to test and troubleshoot if necessary.  If it works out, great; if not, you get your money back.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,780 Views)

All Replies

@Chloe20039  The base game will certainly run, and the earliest expansion packs and all the stuff packs should be okay as well.  Beyond that, the answer depends on which graphics chip your processor has, which is determined by the processor itself.  So please list that if you want more a more specific answer.

In general, it would be fine to download, say, the Starter Pack, and see how it runs: Late Night is not particularly demanding, and High-End Loft Stuff not at all.  Then you could add one expansion at a time and keep an eye on performance.  When you started to notice issues, you'd know it was time to stop adding content.

Message 2 of 4 (1,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I think the processor is Intel (R) pentinum (R) gold 7505 @ 2.00GHz, hope that helps Standard smile 

Message 3 of 4 (1,819 Views)

@Chloe20039  To be honest, I wouldn't run more than the base game and maybe a couple of expansion packs on this processor and graphics chip, although user experience can differ a bit.  In your position, I'd be comfortable buying the Starter Pack, and if that ran well, adding World Adventures or Ambitions.  If it was still okay, I'd add the other one, but I wouldn't try any more expansions except possibly Generations.  Stuff packs are fine.

You may need to apply a workaround to get the game started at all: Sims 3 doesn't load correctly on certain processors unless it's limited to using one CPU core.  One way to accomplish this is with Lazy Duchess's patch:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

Another way is to use Process Lasso or a PowerShell script (see post 42 for details) to impose the limit.  The above thread mostly talks about Intel Core processors, but I've seen a few different Pentium and Celeron processors affected as well.  I don't have a comprehensive list though, hence my saying you might need this, not that you do.

The other thing to remember is that if you can't get the game running, you can request a refund from EA.  The rule is that if you never launch the game, it's eligible for a refund within 14 days of purchase, and if you do play it, you also have to request the refund within 24 hours of the first launch (also within 14 days of purchase).  So if you're really worried, buy the game on a day when you know you'll have a few hours to test and troubleshoot if necessary.  If it works out, great; if not, you get your money back.

Message 4 of 4 (1,781 Views)